Support project for the microfinance sector in West Africa (PRAO) (components for "support for the CIF Confédération des institutions financières" and "support for AP/SFD Associations Professionnelles des Systèmes Financiers Décentralisés" Country: Bénin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Sénégal, Togo
Canadian International Devleopment Agency (CIDA)
Project Implementation Partners
- Confédération des institutions financières (CIF), Burkina Faso
- Association professionnelle des systèmes financiers décentralisés (AP/SFD), Sénégal
- Association Professionnelle des Institutions de Microfinance (APIM-BF), Burkina Faso
- Association Nationale des Praticiens de la Microfinance du Bénin (Consortium ALAFIA), Bénin
- Association Professionnelle des Institutions de Microfinance (APIM-Mali), Mali
- Association Professionnelle des Institutions de Microfinance (APIM-Togo), Togo
The regional support project for the microfinance sector in West Africa is aimed at capacity building and the sustainability of all the potential microfinance structures in West
Africa. The proposed initiative is composed of two separate, although complementary, components. The first will provide support to the CIF for certain priorities identified in its 2011-2015 business plan. The second provides consulting and technical support for associations of
professional staff and community financial systems in order to improve the level of professionalism and the transparency of institutions in the sector in line with the microfinance national strategies and with application of new regulations in force in the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU).
The countries targeted for the project are Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Benin and Togo. It is possible that other countries in the sub-region may obtain a minor level of assistance under the project.