Support for the microfinance sector in Benin (PASMIF-Benin) Country: Bénin
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Project Implementation Partners
- Fédération des caisses d'épargne et de crédit agricole mutuel du Bénin (FECECAM)
- Consortium ALAFIA (Association Nationale des Praticiens de la Microfinance du Bénin)
- Direction générale de la Microfinance du Bénin
- Cellule de surveillance des systèmes financiers décentralisés (CS-SFD) du Ministère de l’Économie et des Finances du Bénin (MEF)
The project will be supported in several ways. This will include technical assistance both on a short-term and a medium-term basis, specialized advisory services, material and equipment (for IT services), financial assistance for capacity building (training) and modernization of the services delivered by partner beneficiaries.
Establishment of a local training unit will be tasked with drawing up support plans and performance agreements, overseeing coaching provided to partners and delivering specialized microfinance advisory services.