International Youth Internship Program
The internships offered in 2013-2014 by Développement international Desjardins (DID) are all completed. This program was carried out with financial support from Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada, the Fondation Desjardins and DID.
Between May 2013 and February 2014, in collaboration with the Canadian International Development Agency (now Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada), Développement international Desjardins.
(DID) allowed 12 young graduates to take part in a six month professional internship abroad under the International Youth Internship Program.
Posted in 5 different countries in Africa and Latin America and teamed with experienced DID professionals, interns were called on to collaborate on projects involving at least one of DID's areas of intervention.
Summary of the 12 internships completed
- Administration in Uganda: Tantine Umurerwa (Profile – in French)
- Administration in Tanzania: Jeanne Brassard (Profile – in French)
- Administration in Zambia: Naïma Nsiri (Profile – in French)
Administration in Panama: Laurie Marmet (Profile – in French)
- Finance and Accounting in Uganda: Hamza Atouani (Profile – in French)
- Finance and Accounting in Panama: Sarah Gihanne Louis (Profile – in French)
Finance and Accounting in Zambia: Manewa Kamgueu-Kamga (Profile – in French)
- Finance and Accounting in Zambia: François Marmet (Profile – in French)
Finance and Accounting in Tanzania: Shariff Côté (Profile – in French)
- IT in Tanzania: Vincent Bolduc (Profile – in French)
- Social performance in Thailand: Émilie Morissette-Grégoire (Profile – in French)
Communication in Thailand: Caroline Richard (Profile – in French)
To be eligible for the International Youth Internship Program, an intern must be:
- Between the ages of 19 and 30
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, legally entitled to work in Canada
- Out of school
- Unemployed or underemployed
- A post-secondary graduate―graduate of a degree or diploma program from a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CEGEP (collège d'enseignement général et professionnel)