DID changes address
We moved our offices to the following address :
59, avenue Bégin
Lévis (Québec) Canada
We will however keep the same phone and fax numbers.
Get to know our team!
The DID team has more than 100 employees. Get to know some of them...Read more
Two new mandates for DID
On Friday, June 13, the Canadian Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, Christian Paradis, was at the Desjardins head office in Lévis to announce the awarding of two major mandates to DID.Read more
Download our annual report
Richly illustrated, this document highlights the diversity of DID intervention throughout 2013 alongside its partners in organizing the microfinance sector and expanding access to financial services for all.
Eight Proxfin representatives will be participating as speakers at the second International Summit of Cooperatives
Proxfin members decided to hold their 2014 annual meeting alongside the Second International Summit of Cooperatives. This event will be held in Québec City from October 6 to 9 next year. Several themes will be on the agenda including developing and strengthening cooperative enterprises, food security and job creation, concerns that are important to all Proxfin member institutions.
Eight Proxfin representatives will be participating as speakers :
- Forum « Boosting performance by learning about the cooperative business model » :
- Ranjith Hettiarachchi, Asian Confederation of Credit Unions (ACCU, Thailand)
- « Transferring Businesses to Employees Using the Cooperative Business Model – A Sustainable Solution for Businesses » :
- Nathan De Assis, EFC Zambia (Zambia)
- « Governance and active members’ participation in associative life – a powerful lever for retaining members and fostering development » :
- Jocelyn St-Jean, Le Levier (Haiti)
- Samadanie Kiriwandeniya, SANASA (Sri Lanka)
- Andrew So Kwok Wing, ACCU’s founding President (based in Hong Kong)
- « Boosting Productivity through Agricultural Organization » :
- Aoua Sawadogo, RCPB (Burkina Faso)
- Jorge Andrés López Bautista, Coopcentral (Colombia)
- « Cooperatives and mutuals in emerging economies » :
- Tran Quang Khanh, Vietnam Association of People’s Credit Funds (VAPCF, Vietnam)
To learn more about the International Summit of Cooperatives, visit the event’s website.Read more
Specialized and flexible expertise in microfinance
Founded in 1970 with the goal of sharing the expertise and experience of the Desjardins Group with emerging and developing countries, Développement international Desjardins (DID) celebrated 40 years of operations in 2010. A pioneer in the deployment and development of microfinance (also known as community finance) around the world, DID today is a world leader in this sector. More
Lévis, Québec, CanadaEFC Operations Advisor
Bogota, ColombieAdvisor in agricultural financing pratices (Colombia)